Pistachio Chocolate Brownies
Baking With Kids
- 375g plain chocolate (60% cocoa solids)
- 280g Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 185g Billington’s Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 95g Billington’s Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 135g plain flour
- 5ml baking powder
- 100g pistachio, roughly chopped
- Billington’s Golden Icing Sugar for dusting, optional
- Pyrex Non Stick 26x19cm Non-Stick Baking Tray
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl
- Large saucepan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas mark 4. Line the base and sides of the Pyrex Non Stick Baking Tray with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. It is important not to let the base of the bowl touch the water.
- Add the sugars to the melted chocolate and allow the sugar dissolve. Stir occasionally.Remove from the heat and add the beaten eggs one at a time mixing well to combine.
- Sift in the flour and fold through with the chopped pistachio nuts with a spatula or metal spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. When baked it should be dry and firm on the top and edges and still soft and ‘fudgy’ in the middle. Allow to cool completely in the tin before dusting with icing sugar and cutting.