- 75g Unsalted Butter
- 225 ml Just Milk Semi-Skimmed
- 2 eggs
- 500g Wholemeal plain flour
- 50g Billington’s Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2x Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Pyrex Non-Stick Baking Tray
- Heat the oven to 220°C (gas 7)
- Mix together the flour and baking powder in a bowl, and then add the Président Unsalted Butter cut in cubes. Work with the hands to obtain consistency and add the sugar while stirring.
- Then, whisk the eggs and add the milk while whisking.
- Put aside two tablespoons of the egg and milk mix and add the remaining mix to the bowl gradually, whisking continuously until you obtain a soft, wet, sticky dough.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin until it is 2 cm thick on a floured surface.
- With a cookie cutter (or a glass), cut circles of paste and arrange them on a Pyrex Non Stick Baking Tray. Brush them with the combination eggs/milk that you put aside and place in the oven until well risen and golden for about 10-15 minutes.
- Let them cool down covered with a wet cloth.