Yoghurt & Parmesan Soda Bread
- 425g Country Grain Bread Flour
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small bunch basil, leaves torn
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300m natural yogurt
- 3 tbsp Just Milk
- Pyrex Mixing Bowl
- Pyrex Non Stick Baking Tray
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/ Fan 180ºC/ Gas Mark 6. Combine the Allinson flour with the bicarbonate of soda and the salt in a large bowl. Add the basil and parmesan and mix together.
- Pour in the honey, olive oil, natural yogurt and milk and mix together to form a soft dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Shape the dough into a 20cm round and put onto a lightly oiled Pyrex Non-Stick Baking tray.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a deep cross on top of the dough. Brush with a little milk and bake for 30-35 minutes until the bread is risen, golden and sounds hollow when tapped underneath. Eat warm or cool and eat on the same day.