Girls Night In Irish Cream Liqueur Topped Cupcakes
- 200g white self-raising flour
- 200g Billington’s Light Muscovado Sugar
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 2 eggs
- 60g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 tbsp Irish Cream Liqueur e.g. Baileys
- 175g Billingtons Golden Icing Sugar
- Chocolate flavour sprinkles, to decorate
- Pyrex Non-Stick Muffin Trays
- Preheat oven to 170°C /fan oven 150°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3
- Place Paper Muffin Cases into Pyrex Non Stick Muffin Trays.
- Place the flour, sugar, cocoa and chocolate chips into a large bowl. Add the oil and crème fraiche and eggs. Beat together until smooth and slightly fudgy.
- Fill the cases ¾ full and bake the cakes for 20 minutes until well risen.
- For the icing: Beat together the butter and Irish liqueur. Add the icing sugar a tablespoon at a time. Beat until smooth and creamy and all the icing sugar added.
- Pipe the icing over the cupcakes and sprinkle liberally with the chocolate sprinkles.
- Tip: To make non-alcoholic icing replace the Irish Liqueur with melted chocolate, or strawberry flavouring.
- If you do not want to pipe the icing spread the icing roughly over the cakes and swirl using the back of a spoon.
- Instead of the icing you could top the cakes with melted white chocolate flavour cake covering.