Fillet Steak and Stilton Pasties
- 1 x 320g pack Jus-Rol ready rolled all butter puff pastry, (thawed if frozen)
- 2 small fillet steaks of beef, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 80g stilton cheese
- 4 chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ beef stock cube
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 small egg, beaten to glaze
- Pyrex Non Stick Metal Baking Tray
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas mark 7. Place the beef and chopped onion into a mixing bowl and crumble in the stilton.
- Then stir through the chopped mushrooms, parsley, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and stock cube, and the olive oil.
- Unroll the Jus-Rol pastry and slice in half across the width, so you end up with two rectangles of pastry.
- Place half of the filling into the centre of one rectangle and egg wash one edge, then fold the ‘un-egg washed’ edge over the filling and press to seal.
- With a sharp knife, carefully round off the sealed edge, then crimp this or squash down with a fork. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
- Egg wash the tops of the pasties. Place them onto a Pyrex baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the pastry is puffy and a deep golden brown.