Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Makes 16 x 6.5cm round biscuits
- 125g Stork tub, softened
- 50g Billington’s Golden Caster Sugar
- 175g Allinson Nature Friendly Plain White Flour
- 75g Silver Spoon Create Dark Chocolate Chips
- Oven thermometer
- large mixing bowl
- electric hand mixer
- baking tray
- non-stick baking paper
- silicone spatula
- cooling rack
- 6.5cm fluted round biscuit cutter
- Oven Temp: 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4
- Cream together the Stork tub and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the plain flour and add the chocolate chips.
- Mix thoroughly to a soft but not sticky dough.
- On a lightly floured work surface roll out the dough to a depth of 6mm.
- Using a biscuit cutter cut out the dough and place the biscuits evenly spaced on a lined or well greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool slightly on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.